Follow the guidelines indicated below.
2 WEEKS BEFORE THE SURGICAL PROCEDURE
- Do not use aspirin or medications containing acetylsalicylic acid as they lead to blood coagulation disorders.
- Do not take any medications containing ibuprofen, as this may cause blood coagulation disorders.
- Please stop using all herbal agents, which may complicate the surgical procedure by inhibiting blood coagulation, posing influence on blood pressure or complicating the activity of anesthetic agents.
- Please stop taking diet pills or dietary supplements, as they may collide with anesthesia and may result in cardiovascular issues.
- Do not take large doses of vitamin E.
- Do not smoke or limit your smoking, as nicotine inhibits the blood supply to the skin and may cause serious complications during the healing phase.
- You can start taking multivitamins on daily basis and continue taking them during convalescence after the surgical procedure.
- Absolutely stop sunbathing (also in the solarium).
- Attention! You have to take care of your oral hygiene. All dental treatments should be completed no later than 10 days before the planned surgery because tooth inflammation is one of the most important contraindications concerning major surgery under general anaesthesia. Sanitation of oral cavity must be performed by a dentist before we assume any treatments. Sanitation of oral cavity is fulfilled when all diseased teeth are cured and covers removal of all potential pockets of infection, i.e. removal of all tooth decay and extraction of all untreatable decayed teeth. A visit to the dentist’s office will let you avoid undesired situations and will definitely reduce the risk of post-surgery complications and the time needed for recovery. The dentist will issued a sanitation of oral cavity statement upon request of the patient. This statement is required before surgery.
1 WEEK BEFORE THE SURGICAL PROCEDURE
- Do NOT drink alcohol and do not take narcotics one week before the procedure, and one week after the procedure, as they may collide with narcosis, and may influence blood coagulation.
- Report all cases of cold, infection, furuncles or pimples that appeared before the operation.
- Do not take any medications to treat your cold without consulting a doctor.
1 DAY BEFORE, AND ON THE DAY OF THE SURGICAL PROCEDURE
- On the day before the surgery – eat and drink normally.
- On the day of surgery do not eat or drink before the surgery that will take place in the morning. If surgery is planned in the afternoon, please have a light breakfast at least 6 hours before coming to AMC, drink water or plain juice till at least 1 hour before coming.
- If you are taking any medications on regular basis, take them according to recommendations, and take them with you. In most cases it is essential to take all daily medications in the morning on the day when the procedure is being performed.
- Take a shower using soap in the evening, a day before the procedure. On the day of the procedure, after admission to AMC, the patients must take a shower and wash their hair with antibacterial soap.
- Do not perform the following procedures on your skin, hair and face in the morning on the day of the procedure: make-up, cream, balms, hair gels, sprays, perfumes or deodorants. Please remove artificial eyelashes. Using these products will multiply the amount of bacteria on your skin, and this increases the risk of infection.
- Remove nail polish (also applies to hybrid varnish and nail tips).
- Do NOT put on your contact lenses for the procedure. If you are not wearing glasses, try to get them before surgery.
- Take comfortable and loose clothes that you don’t have to pull over your head. It is best to take a zipped blouse and rubber waist trousers. Remember to take flat shoes.
- Do not bring any valuables or any pieces of jewellery (rings, earrings, necklaces or other metal decorations, piercing).
- REMEMBER: One day before the planned surgery, within the pre-operative prevention, start taking the antibiotic recommended by the doctor during the consultation.
THE DAY OF SURGERY:
- Entrance to the AMC (for surgery) from the Langiewicza street 28.
- The code for the intercom at the front door: a key symbol 7 7 7 7 a bell symbol.
- Our address: AMC ART MEDICAL CENTER, Langiewicza 28/U1, Szczecin
AFTER THE SURGERY:
- Discharge daily from 10.00 to 11.00
- ATTENTION: every additional day at the AMC ART MEDICAL CENTER clinic not ascribed to medical reasons - an additional payment of PLN 500
- REMEMBER! Patients after breast surgery can not drive car alone up to 14 days after surgery. This applies in particular return home from AMC
- Ask an adult family member or friend to take care of you - after the procedure, and make sure that you will feel safe at home.
- IBAN PLN PL 20 1750 0012 0000 0000 2110 6167
- IBAN EURO PL 14 1750 0012 0000 0000 2110 6275
- IBAN DKK PL 55 1750 0012 0000 0000 2110 6313
- IBAN GBP PL 80 1750 0012 0000 0000 2110 6348
- IBAN NOK PL 86 1750 0012 0000 0000 2110 6337
- IBAN SEK PL 11 1750 0012 0000 0000 2110 6232
- The remaining payment SHOULD BE MADE BEFORE SURGERY: BY CASH OR CARD ON THE DAY OF TREATMENT OR BY BANK TRANSFER ON the day before SURGERY (IN THIS CASE PLEASE BRING CONFIRMATION OF THE TRANSFER TO AMC)
- TO CANCEL THE OPERATION PLEASE notify US AS SOON AS POSSIBLE by telephone ON 91 820 20 20
- PERSONS who ARE under THE AGE OF 18 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT OR GUARDIAN
Not sooner than 10 days before the procedure, please have the following laboratory tests made and bring them with you to AMC on the day of the surgery:
- full blood count
- APTT + INR (blood clotting)
- electrolytes (Na, K)
- blood group
- ECG (obligatory for patients over the age of 40)
- echocardiography (ECHO) + certificate from a cardiologist (in the case of heart failure)
- Breast ultrasound or mammography (in the case of breast surgery)
- Chest X-Ray (for patients over the age of 50 – current image taken not sooner than six months before the planned surgery)
- creatinine levels (for patients over the age of 50)
- glycated hemoglobin (in the case of diabetes)
- TSH, FT3, FT4 (in the case of sick thyroid) – if the test result is not normal, please consult with an endocrinologist
- lipid profile: triglycerides, HDL, LDL, total cholesterol (in the case of abdominoplasty and significant liposuction)
- HBS (antibodies)
- all additional tests recommended by the doctor during the consultation
- all medical documentation regarding past diseases and chronic diseases
PLEASE BE REMINDED THAT SOME MEDICAL PROCEDURES WITHIN THE FIELD OF PLASTIC, GENERAL AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY, E.G. BREAST REDUCTION, BREAST RECONSTRUCTION, ABDOMINAL HERNIA SURGERY, NASAL SEPTUM SURGERY, ETC., MAY BE REFUNDED BY FOREIGN NATIONAL HEALTH FUNDS.
SHOULD THE PATIENT REQUEST SO, WE CAN DRAW UP A PAID PRELIMINARY COST ESTIMATE OF THE PLANNED SURGICAL PROCEDURE FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING THE FOUNDATION FOR THE SETTLEMENT WITH THE INSURER (NATIONAL HEALTH FUND). WE DO NOT PROVIDE AGENCY SERVICES WITH INSURANCE FORMALITIES.
AT THE END OF 3 MONTHS AFTER THE SURGICAL PROCEDURE IN THE ART MEDICAL CENTER ALL MEDICAL PROCEDURES ON THE BODY OF THE PATIENT ARE SUBJECT TO THE CHARGES ACCORDING TO THE PRICE LIST.